With the number of cybersecurity issues getting higher, it is not only affecting businesses around the world but also individuals as well. There are a number of reports of having Facebook and Instagram accounts hacked as well.
If these accounts of an individual get hacked, there is a high probability of one facing a big loss in terms of all the private data and confidential information in the form of financial documents and more. So, it is important for one to follow the best security protocols so that your social media accounts remain safe and secure from hackers around the world.
This is why we are here to help you with the best possible tips that can make it easy to not only prevent any such actions but also how to get the account back even if it has been hacked. Let’s get started.
Safety Measures To Be Followed
Below mentioned are a few of the important tips that you must follow to keep all your social media accounts safe and secure. Check it out:
- It is important that you keep the password management tool with yourself that can help you keep all your passwords safe and secure in one isolated location. It can also assist you to generate strong passwords that can be hard to crack by hackers.
- The next important step that you must keep in mind to keep your accounts safe and secure is getting your password updated regularly. Not doing so can enhance the chances of it being cracked by hackers.
- It is important that you create passwords that are a mix of different characters, including lower case letters, upper case letters, numbers, and even symbols. This can help you make your passwords strong and unique.
- You must make sure that you are not using similar passwords for different accounts. Use different passwords for all. Because in case you get one account hacked, then there is a possibility of other accounts also getting affected. To avoid this scenario, you must have different passwords for all.
- It has been seen that the hackers first get access to your email account and then move ahead towards your Gmail. So, you need to first imply all of the above for your email account as well.
- Make sure that none of your third party applications is able to gain access to your account.
- You must also enable the verification steps in your system to log in to different accounts. You can have two-factor authentication enabled to give your accounts an additional layer of security.
- Always remember, no matter how close you are to someone, never share your passwords with anyone.
- If you are account was hacked, and you have recovered the same, then it is important that you check with the account settings and change every aspect of it, right from email ID and passwords to all the other changes that hackers have made.
- You can read more about how you can increase password security for your social media accounts. There are several tools and techniques that can be implied for more protection.
So, these are the steps that you must keep in mind to ensure that your accounts are safe and secure. But, here we are to discuss what if it is hacked? We are here to help you with the best possible steps that can help you get your Facebook and Instagram accounts back to your access even after it has been hacked. Let’s get started:
The first thing we all do when our Facebook account gets hacked is panic and think about what the hacker might have seen or stolen through our account. But, you need to keep control of your emotions and act on the steps that can help you recover your account first. How? We have the tips ready for you that can assist you in getting your Facebook account back after they have been hacked. Check it out:
Step 1: At first, you need to visit the source page of your Facebook hacked profile, and from there, you need to select that My Account is Compromised. Selecting this can help you begin the process of getting the access back.
Here at first, you need to share your email address and then your contact number to search your account. As and when you press the search button, they start looking through the accounts that match the details provided.
Step 2: As and when Facebook is able to relocate your account, they are going to ask you to put in your current or old password. As the password was changed by the hacker, so, it is going to be difficult for you to know what the current password is. But, you can always remember the old password that is the one that you used before the account was hacked.
Step 3: After you have provided the Old Password, Facebook is going to say that you have entered an old password. Here you need to choose the Reset My Password option and then proceed ahead.
Step 4: Facebook shares the steps to be followed to get your password reset. It is done by sharing the link of the same on your email account. You need to reset your password, but if the email ID was changed, then you need to select the “No Longer have Access To These?” option and move ahead.
Step 5: Here, Facebook is going to ask the way they can reach out to you so that you can share your new email address and phone number. They are going to share the link on the new email ID, and you can reset your password there.
In this way, you can get access to your Facebook account back even after being hacked. Now let’s understand how it can be done with Instagram.
It has been seen that Instagram accounts are more compromised today than any other social media account. If you are facing any such situation, then below mentioned pointers can certainly assist you. Take a look:
The first and the most important thing that you need to check is whether you have access to your account or not. If you have access to your account, then follow the below-mentioned steps to change the password of your account:
- At first, you need to open the Login screen of the Instagram application and then provide your Username and then select the “Forgot” option that is available below the Password box.
- After this, you get to the Reset Password page. Here you need to share the email or username that is attached to your profile.
- After this, you need to enter the captcha and press the Reset Password button.
- Instagram shares the link with you on your account to change the password and get complete access to your Instagram profile.
If you think your username and password were changed by the hacker, then this option can help you get access back to your Instagram account. Take a look at the below-mentioned pointers:
- Run your Instagram application and then tap on the option “Get Help Logging In”. It is placed below the login boxes.
- You are next going to check The “Trouble Logging In?” screen. Here you need to provide your original username. After this, you need to press the “Need More Help” option.
- After this, you are going to be redirected to the Support Request page. You can submit all the details on the respective page. If you are unable to share your original username, then the application is going to move you to the Account Assistance option.
- Here the steps are going written that you need to follow to make progress in terms of getting the access back to your Instagram account.
- If your account has been compromised, you must first enter the Email You Signed Up With and then entered a Contact Email (If Different). It could be beneficial to enter a different contact email in order to ensure that the request support goes directly to you without the risk of going to your hacker.
In this way, you can get your Facebook and Instagram accounts back even after they have been hacked. But, it is important that you follow the above-mentioned security and safety measures to ensure that it remains away from hackers and attackers all the time. Good luck!